Adobe has renamed its Adobe Reader App for Windows 8. Now the app will be called Adobe Reader Touch. This name may be an attempt to emphasize that this particular version of Adobe Reader is designed for touch devices running on Windows 8.
Amazon Smartphone saleBig offers on smartphones, headphones and laptops
Adobe Reader Touch allows users to open PDF documents anywhere on your Windows 8 device. You can easily find a keyword or phrase in the document, zoom text or images, use bookmarklet, open links inside pdf and many more.
Description of the app reads, “This version of Adobe Reader has been specially designed for the new Windows 8 Touch user interface to give you a great experience working with PDF documents on your Windows 8 Tablet. ”
Adobe Reader Touch supports all Wiindows 8 versions including x86, x64 and ARM.
These are the main features of the app
- Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or anywhere on your device
- Easily find your most recently read documents
- View password-protected PDFs, annotations, and drawing markups
- Search text to find specific information
- Select single page or continuous scroll modes
- Easily zoom in on text or images for a closer view
- Use bookmarks to jump directly to a section in your PDF document
- Quickly navigate through large documents using the Semantic Zoom thumbnail view
- Tap on links in a PDF to open linked web pages
- Share PDFs with other applications using “Share”
- Email PDFs as attachments
Adobe Reader Touch is available for free to download from Windows 8 App store.