Xiaomi Mi 4 Announced with 5-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 801 and 3 GB RAM
Xiaomi has released its 2014 flagship device called Xiaomi Mi 4. It will succeed Mi3 which went on sale in India today. Xiaomi Mi 4 comes with 2.5 GHz Quac code Qualcomm Snapdragon 801. It features a 5-inch IPS display based one-glass solution (OGS) made by Sharp / JDI with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and Corning Gorilla glass protection. It runs on Android Kitkat. It is packed with 4 GB DDR3 RAM and 16/64GB eMMC 5.0 storage. It features a 13 megapixel rear camera and a 8 megapixel Sony stacked CMOS camera at the front.
This is the fist smartphone of Xiaomi which comes with nano-coating for water resistance.
Xiaomi claims that the battery of the smartphone can survice for more than 36 hours on normal usage and it can be fully charged in just 2.5 hours.
Xiaomi Mi 4 specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441 PPI resolution with Corning Gorilla glass protection
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- MIUI V6 on top of Android
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 BSI sensor, F/1.8 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with Sony sensor
- 3GB RAM
- 16 / 64 GB internal memory
- 4G LTE (Optional), 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth and GPS
- 3080 mAh battery
- Weighs 149 grams
Xiaomi Mi 4 will be up for pre-order in China on July 29. The 16GB version of Xiaomi Mi 4 is priced at 1,999RMB ($322), while the 64GB version will cost 2,499 RMB ($402)