Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A, World’s First LTE-Advanced Smartphone Announced
Samsung has unveiled world’s fist LTE-Advanced smartphone Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A. It is the upgraded version of Galaxy S4 with better data download speed. It claims to offer the twice the speed of LTE.
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A features 5 inch full HD Super AMOLED display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution. It runs on Android 4.2.2/ It is powered by 2.3 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragn 800 processor. If you could remember, LTE version of Galaxy S4 has Snadragon 600.
It features a 13 megapixel rear camera with LED flash and full HD video recording capabilities. It also has a 2 megapixel front facing camera. It has 2 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage. Internal storage is also expandable up to 64 GB via microSD card. Connectivity features are 4G LTE-A, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (HT80), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS and NFC.
It also comes with Samsung branded apps including Smart Pause, Smart Scroll, S Translator, S Travel (Trip Advisor), S Voice Drive, S Health and ImageON.
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Specifications
- 5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display at 441ppi
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Zero Shutter Lag, BSI and Full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Travel, S Voice Drive, S Health
- 4G LTE-A, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (HT80), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
- 2600 mAh Battery
- 7.9 mm thick and weighs 131 grams
It would be available this summer starting in Korea. It will be released in Blue Arctic and Red Aurora colors. Price of the smartphone is 900000 South Korean Won (~US$780) from the Korean carriers SK Telecom (SKT) and LG U+.