Sony Unveils Android Powered Smartwatch 2
Today at Shanghai’s Mobile Asia Expo, Sony has unveiled its Android powered by SmartWatch 2. It comes with NFC connectivity and can be personalized with apps.
It features a 1.6 inch touch screen display with 220×176 pixels resoution. It is splashproof but not other water activities. It supports many Android apps available in Play Store. It also comes with many apps.
“Competitors are only now launching first-generation devices, while we are already launching a third-generation device with all the insight gained from over half a million customers combined with Sony’s wealth of technology expertise to create the best ever smart-watch experience,” Stefan K Persson, head of companion products at Sony Mobile Communications, said in a press release announcing the watch.
“We have over 200 unique apps dedicated for Sony SmartWatch, with over one million downloads to date, and we are continuing to work with our strong developer network to deliver ever more compelling smart-watch experiences.”
These are the main features of the smartwatch 2 listed in official blogs.
- It can handle your calls by simple touch of your wrist
- Select a mapping app and check your route with your wrist watch
- Read Emails when you are not connected with phone
- Control your presentation and take a photo from remote location.
- Use lifestyle apps like Runtastic to map and instantly track your fitness activities on the go