3 Best Shotgun Microphones For DSLR Under Rs. 10000
If you are into videography and use DSLR for that, you also need a good microphone for record good audio. It is because audio quality is also equally important. The default microphone of DSLR is not capable enough to cancel noise and record good audio. So, you need an external microphone for capturing good quality audio.
Shotgun is the name because it has a slotted tube in front of the microphone that looks like a shotgun. This tune helps in rejecting the sound coming from more than about 30 degrees off to the sides. So, it basically focuses on the sound coming from the front.
Also see: Best Microphones for YouTube videos
If you are not sure what shotgun microphone to buy, here is the list of best budget shotgun mic. Here, I am not adding the premium shotgun microphones. The more you pay, the better audio quality you will get. But most of the people cannot afford those premium microphones. So, check this list of best shotgun mic under Rs. 10000.
Best Shotgun Microphones For DSLR Under Rs. 10000
Rode VideoMic Directional
|Rs. 8799||Buy Here|
|Audio-Technica ATR-6550||Rs. 4825||Buy Here|
|Rode VMGO Video Mic GO||Rs. 5799||Buy Here|
1. Rode VideoMic Directional Video Condenser Microphone
This one is the best and hence costliest in the list. It is rugged so good for outdoor usage. It has Two step high-pass filter and comes with Integrated cold shoe mount. It records good audio with almost negligible noise. It is also compact and light in weight. So, it is good for vloggers or videographers for recording movies without adding any setup for audio.
- Frequency Range: 40Hz – 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Maximum SPL: 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 20dB-A
- Power Options: 9v battery powered
- Weight: 176.00gm
Buy Here: Amazon
2. Audio-Technica ATR-6550 Shotgun Microphone
Audio-Technica is a known brand for microphone and audio accessories. This shotgun microphone is excellent for recording high quality audios while shooting videos using DSLR. It offers two range settings. One is normal for close distance and other is Tele for ling distance. It also comes with a camera mount, clams and foam windscreen. It requires external battery.
- Element: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Normal: Cardioid; Tele: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 70 – 18,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Normal: -56 dB; Tele: -45 dB
- Impedance: Normal: 1,000 ohms; Tele: 2,200 ohms
- Weight: 113 g (4 oz)
Buy Here: Amazon
3. Rode VMGO Video Mic GO
This one is the cheapest in this list but good. It does not require batteries to operate and has no external control. Just plug it in the DSLR and start using it. It uses 3.55 mm port to connect with DSLR and can even with with smartphones. It also has Rugged reinforced ABS construction and the Windshield is included in the package.
- Frequency Range: 100Hz – 16kHz
- Maximum SPL: 120dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -35.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (17.80mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 34dB-A
- Weight: 73.00gm
Buy Here: Amazon
Read More, Best SD Cards for DSLR
As the list talks about best shotgun microphones for DSLRs in budget of Rs. 10000, all these listed in the articles are budget shotgun mics for DSLRs. If you are serious for a movie shooting, you need to go with a better one. This list is for those who are beginners and want a good microphone for their YouTube videos.
I hope this list helps. If you need more buying suggestions, you can always contact us.