How to keep laptop cool and prevent overheating
Its peak of summer and every gadget is facing the heating problem. Overheating is dangerous for gadgets. The heating problem first came into attention when laptops caught fire due to heat up in the year 2006. Overheating also affects the performance of the device and hurts processor performance. So we are here with some of our research on laptop cooling solutions which help in keep your laptops cool. But before go further let’s have a brief view of the major reasons why laptops face the overheating problem?
Reasons why laptops face overheating problem
The first and most important issue is power. As the laptops have the more powerful processor, OS needs more power to perform the tasks. Therefore, more heat generates inside the laptop.
The second problem is assembling of parts inside the laptop. As the laptop is small, electronic components are tightly adjusted. Since there are not many areas for escaping the heat. This results in the heating of laptop.
If many applications are running simultaneously on the laptop, then laptops get heat up. Same way if you are playing a heavy game that is taking lots of RAM while running then also the heating problem arises.
There are fans, air vents, and heat sink on the laptop for cooling it down, but they are not enough. So we need some external setup for cooling down laptops.
Ways to keep laptop cool and prevent overheating
Here are the some good cooling options for laptops:
1. External Cooling fans
You can try the external gadgets to give cooling to your laptop.
- COOLING FANS: There are USB-Powered Portable fans which help in cooling down the laptop. These are the cheap, convenient and comfortable option.
- CHILL MAT/PAD: There are different kinds of cooling pad or mat in the market which can be used for cooling the laptop. This is an insulating mat that manages heat. You can check these Cooling pads for your laptop.
- LAPTOP STAND with the cooling option: A stand is a flat surface with the small leg that helps the laptop to pass air easily and help it to stay cool. This stand has an aluminum body which works as a heat sink. You can check Laptop Foldable Adjustable height ZigZag Table with the cooling fan.
- LAPTOP TABLE: Laptop table comes with the cooling option at the surface of the table that helps in decreasing the heat that emits from the laptop. See E Table – Foldable & Portable Laptop Table.
If you don’t want to invest in the cooling fans or cooling pads then also there is a way to minimize the heat. But this can reduce the heat not help in cooling down your laptop completely.
2. Software: There is much software that helps in diagnosis of your laptop’s fan and tells you about the working of the fan. This is one of the good ways to keep track on the inbuilt cooling fan. RealTemp is a temperature monitoring tool designed for all Intel single Core, Dual Core, Quad Core and Core i7 processors. You can also try Speedfan.
3. Cleaning air vent: There is exhaust area in the laptop from where the heat comes out and helps the laptop in cooling. After some period dust and debris block that area and stop the airflow. By cleaning the air vent, you can also avoid the extra heat in the laptop. You can either clean it by opening the laptop case of just use a small brush. Try to keep your room clean because the dirty place adds more dust in the airflow window of the laptop.
4. Avoid playing the heavy game for a long time: Heavy games take large RAM in the system for running, and BIOS has to work more at that time. So try to avoid playing heavy games for a long time. This generates lots of heat and causes the overheating problem.
Shut Down the laptop regularly: If you are not working on a laptop for the long period then shutdown the system or set it to the Hibernate mode. This will help the BIOS to sleep for some time and make the laptop cool. I had the bad habit of keeping my laptop always on, and I also saw the bad effect of it. My laptop became too slow, and the performance of my Core i5 system seemed like I am using dual core system or slower. So, keep your laptop shutdown if it is not in used.
Hope this article will help you and make your laptop cool during this deadly summer.