Best Portable Air Conditioners in India | 2018
Since India is close to the equator line, this country is known for the heat and humidity. To beat the heat one has to use water cooler or has to install an air conditioner at home. Window AC and Split AC are the common AC people use in India but they are little hard to install and care. Very few people know about the third type of AC that is the portable air conditioner. Once you know about this kind of AC, you will love the concept of portable AC and would definitely buy one for yourself.
What is Portable Air Conditioner?
The portable air conditioner is an AC which has a self-contained portable system. It is a nice alternative to window units and is ideal for cooling single rooms. No need to drill your home’s wall as they lie on the floor and come with an installation kit for quick set up. Most compact ACs have three operational modes: air conditioner, fan or dehumidifier. They also have wheels so you can move them to different rooms. So, now you know about this movable AC, let’s fight the summer heat with the Portable Air Conditioner and enjoy the summer.
Core i3 laptops Start at Rs. 21990Core i3 laptops Start at Rs. 21990
Points to consider while purchasing a portable AC for your home or office:
- Size: The main point to consider before buying a portable AC is its size. These ACs are rated in British Thermal Units (BTUs) per hour. The higher the BTUs the higher is the coverage area.
- Efficiency: Look for the Energy Efficiency Ratio of the portable AC while buying it.
- Placement: It should be placed near the window.
- Noise Level: Portable ACs create noises as other ACs. So, do take care of this point while buying an AC.
- Draining/Maintenance: You need to clean filters on time as directed. And also defrost the unit fully if ice builds up on the coils.
Benefits of Portable AC:
- If you are living in a rented apartment, this PAC is the best solution to beat the heat. No need to take permission from the owner for drilling the apartment.
- If you owned a small place, this AC is meant for you.
- They are economical
- It has three operational modes: air conditioner, fan, and dehumidifier.
- As they are movable, you can place it anywhere in your home.
If you are here then you are definitely looking for a solution to beat the heat this summer. Here is the list of best Portable Air Conditioners that you can buy in India. There are some other Portable AC also but those are not available in India. You can use these AC as a portable home air conditioner or office air conditioner.
LG LP1415SHR 14,000 BTU is the LG Portable Air Conditioner for Cooling & Heating. It is one of the best portable AC but It is not available in Indian market. So, You can order from foreign sites but you can not see LG portable air conditioner price in India.
Best Portable air conditioners in India
So, below is the list portable ac for home that you can buy in the Indian market. These ACs are from all price range. You can buy the one which suits your pocket and home. These all portable ACs are available online.
|Best Portable air conditioners in India||Price||Retailer|
|Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose||Rs. 112,904||Amazon|
|Royal Sovereign ARP-9411||Rs. 24,190||Amazon|
|Blue Star 1 Ton Portable AC||Rs. 25,990||Flipkart|
|Koryo Emerald KPA18AF||Rs. 29,999||Amazon|
1. Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner:
Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose is a Portable Air Conditioner with three operation modes; air conditioner, fan or dehumidifier. It can be easily setup and can cool up to 500 sq ft area. It has Carbon air filter and washable pre-filter. This portable air conditioner has Self-Evaporative System which exhausts most or all condensate under average ambient conditions.
- Three operational modes: air conditioner, fan or dehumidifier.
- Can cool up to a 500 square feet space
- Coverage Area : 251 – 500 sq ft
- Decibel Rating: 56 – 60 DBA
- Full thermostatic control with digital readout
- 3 Speed fans
Price: Rs. 112,904
Buy Now: Amazon
2. Royal Sovereign ARP-9411 Portable Air Conditioner:
Royal Sovereign ARP-9411 Portable Air Conditioner has three modes. It can be used to Cool a room, to circulate air in Fan Mode, and as a Dehumidifier to remove moisture from the air without emptying a bucket. It has 2 Speed fan for low or high cooling.
- Three modes: cooling, fan circulation, and dehumidifier
- Cools a room up to 350 square feet
- 24-hour timer and sleep mode
- Easy gliding caster wheels
- Removable and washable air filter
- Powerful 11,000 btu
- Digital controls
- 2 Speed fan
Price: Rs. 24190
Buy Now: Amazon
Also, Read Best Air Purifiers under Rs. 25000 for Home
3. Blue Star 1 Ton Portable AC:
This Blue Star Portable AC has a capacity of 1 ton which is ideal for small rooms, small shops and small offices of up to 90 sq ft area. It has Anti Bacterial and Dust Filter in it. This portable AC automatically selects the suitable running method as a per room temperature and ambient conditions, making the room comfortable. This Blue Star portable ac 1 ton has a resonable price and it’s good.
- 1 Ton capacity
- 3 modes: Cool / Fan / Dry
- Great for small sized rooms (up to 90 sq ft)
- Auto Restart
- Copper Condenser
- auto drainage mechanism
- multiple fan speeds
- Anti Bacterial and Dust Filter
Price: Rs. 25,990
4. Koryo Emerald KPA18AF Portable AC:
Koryo Emerald KPA18AF Portable AC is a 3-in-1 Appliance, which works as an Air conditioner, De-humidifier, and a fan. It has an Anti-Bacterial filter which is washable and easy to remove. It also acts as a Mosquito net so along with giving you fresh air its bacteria-free too.
- 1.5-ton capacity
- 3 modes: Air conditioner, De-humidifier and a fan
- Antibacterial filter
- Air Flow Direction: 4 way and Hitachi highly compressor
Price: Rs. 29,999
Buy Now: Amazon
Read more: Best Home Theater Systems in India
There are very fewer portable air conditioners that are available in India. You can buy them online. These all have different price ranges. You can buy any one of them as per your need and money. Do share your experiences with us after buying one from this list.