7 Best Portable Air Conditioners in India
Since India is close to the equator line, this country is known for its heat and humidity. To beat the heat one has to use a dessert cooler or have to install an air conditioner at home. Window AC and Split AC are the common AC that people use in India but they are a little hard to install and care for. Very few people know about the third type of AC which is the portable air conditioner. Once you know about this kind of AC, you will love the concept of portable AC and would definitely buy one for yourself.
What is a Portable Air Conditioner?
The portable air conditioner is an AC that has a self-contained portable system. It is a nice alternative to window units and is ideal for cooling single rooms. No need to drill your home’s walls as they lie on the floor and come with an installation kit for a quick setup. Most compact ACs have three operational modes: air conditioner, fan, or dehumidifier. They also have wheels so you can move them to different rooms. So, now you know about the movable AC, let’s fight the summer heat with the Portable Air Conditioner and enjoy the summer.
Points to consider while purchasing a portable AC for your home or office:
- Size: The main point to consider before buying a portable AC is its size. These ACs are rated in British Thermal Units (BTUs) per hour. The higher the BTUs the higher is the coverage area.
- Efficiency: Look for the Energy Efficiency Ratio of the portable AC before or while buying it.
- Placement: It should be placed near the window.
- Noise Level: Portable ACs create noises as other ACs do. So, do take care of this point while buying an AC.
- Draining/Maintenance: You need to clean filters on time as directed. And also defrost the unit fully if ice builds up on the coils.
Benefits of Portable AC:
- If you are living in a rented apartment, this PAC (portable air conditioner) is the best solution to beat the heat. No need to take permission from the owner for drilling the apartment.
- If you owned a small place, this AC is meant for you.
- They are economical.
- It has three operational modes: air conditioner, fan, and dehumidifier.
- As they are movable, you can place them anywhere in your home.
If you are here then you are definitely looking for a solution to beat the heat this summer. Here is the list of best Portable Air Conditioners that you can buy in India. There are some other Portable AC also but those are not available in India. You can use these AC as a portable home air conditioner or office air conditioner.
LG LP1021BHSM 10,000 BTU DUAL Inverter Smart Wi-Fi Portable Air Conditioner is the LG Portable Air Conditioner for Cooling & Heating. It is one of the best portable AC but It is not available in the Indian market. So, You can order from its official sites but you can not see LG portable air conditioner prices in India.
Best Portable AC in India
So, below is the list of portable ac for a home that you can buy in the Indian market. These ACs are from all price ranges. You can buy the one which suits your pocket and home. These portable ACs are available online.
|Best Portable air conditioners in India||Price||Retailer|
|Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose||Rs. 112,904||Amazon|
|Blue Star 1 Ton Portable AC||Rs. 29,990||Amazon|
|Lloyd 1.0 (LP12B01TP) portable AC||Rs. 28,990||MyLlyod|
|Honeywell MN10CESWW portable AC||Rs. 76,816||Amazon|
|Royal Sovereign ARP-9411||Rs. 24,190||Amazon|
|Koryo Emerald KPA18AF||Rs. 29,999||Flipkart|
|MarQ by Flipkart||Rs. 23,999||Flipkart|
1. Whynter Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner:
Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose is a Portable Air Conditioner with three operation modes; air conditioner, fan, or dehumidifier. It can be easily set up and can cool up to a 500 sq ft area. It has a carbon air filter and a washable pre-filter. This portable air conditioner has Self-Evaporative System which exhausts most or all condensate under average ambient conditions.
- Three operational modes: air conditioner, fan, or dehumidifier.
- Can cool up to a 500 square feet space
- Coverage Area : 251 – 500 sq ft
- Decibel Rating: 56 – 60 DBA
- Full thermostatic control with digital readout
- 3 Speed fans
Price: Rs. 112,904
2. Blue Star 1 Ton Portable AC:
This Blue Star Portable AC has a capacity of 1 ton which is ideal for small rooms, small shops, and small offices of up to 90 sq ft area. It has Anti Bacterial and Dust Filter in it. This portable AC automatically selects the suitable running method as per room temperature and ambient conditions, making the room comfortable. This Blue Star portable ac 1 ton has a reasonable price and it’s good.
- 1 Ton capacity
- 3 modes: Cool / Fan / Dry
- Great for small sized rooms (up to 90 sq ft)
- Auto Restart
- Copper Condenser
- auto drainage mechanism
- multiple fan speeds
- Anti Bacterial and Dust Filter
Price: Rs. 25,990
3. Lloyd Portable AC 1.0 (LP12B01TP)
The Lloyd 1.0 (LP12B01TP) is a Portable AC by the Havells brand. It has a two-way swing that can direct the air flow horizontally in the AC. This portable Air conditioner also has a clean air filter that helps in getting fresher, cleaner, and healthier air from the AC. The 100 % copper built-in helps in the fast flow of refrigerant. This 100% copper built has a better rate of heat transfer than conventional coils.
- Two Way Swing
- Clean Air Filter
- 100 % copper
- High-Efficiency Cooling Tube
- Blue Fin Coil
- Auto Restart
Price: Rs. 28,990
Buy Now: Myllyod
3. Honeywell MN10CESWW Portable Air Conditioner:
The Honeywell portable air conditioner has 10000 BTU which cools an area up to 350 sq ft. It has a washable Filtration system that can protect & extend the life of this portable AC. This AC has dual-motor technology which lowers noise levels.
- 10,000 BTU portable air conditioner
- Areas covered: up to 350 sq. ft.
- No bucket, the no-drip design
- Auto-evaporation system
- Dehumidification up to 70 pints per 24 hours
- Digital LCD display with feather touch control
- With remote control
Price: Rs. 76,816
Buy Now: Amazon
4. Royal Sovereign ARP-9411 Portable Air Conditioner:
Royal Sovereign ARP-9411 Portable Air Conditioner has three modes. It can be used to Cool a room, to circulate air in Fan Mode, and as a Dehumidifier to remove moisture from the air without emptying a bucket. It has 2-speed fans for low or high cooling.
- Three modes: cooling, fan circulation, and dehumidifier
- Cools a room up to 350 square feet
- 24-hour timer and sleep mode
- Easy gliding caster wheels
- Removable and washable air filter
- Powerful 11,000 BTU
- Digital controls
- 2 Speed fan
Price: Rs. 24190
Buy Now: Amazon
Also, Read Best Air Purifiers under Rs. 25000 for Home
5. Koryo Emerald KPA18AF Portable AC:
Koryo Emerald KPA18AF Portable AC is a 3-in-1 Appliance, which works as an Air conditioner, De-humidifier, and fan. It has an Anti-Bacterial filter which is washable and easy to remove. It also acts as a Mosquito net so along with giving you fresh air it’s bacteria-free too.
- 1.5-ton capacity
- 3 modes: Air conditioner, De-humidifier, and a fan
- Antibacterial filter
- Air Flow Direction: 4 way and Hitachi highly compressor
Price: Rs. 29,999
6. MarQ by Flipkart 1 Ton Star Portable AC
The MarQ 1-ton Portable AC is the brand new portable air conditioner by Flipkart which has a unique portable design and hassle-free drainage system. The company claims that its Highly Efficient Rotary Compressor can give maximum cooling while drawing less power.
- Highly Efficient Rotary Compressor
- Sleep Mode
- hidden digital display
- Self Diagnosis on any faulty condition
Price: Rs. 23999
Buy Now: Flipkart
There are very few portable air conditioners that are available in India. You can buy them online. These all have different price ranges. You can buy any one of them as per your need and money. Do share your experiences with us after buying one from this list.