Kali Linux v2.0 Sana Released : Download Most Powerful Penetration Testing Platform
It has been a long time since Kali users have been waiting for a new and revamped version of the kali: kali v2.0 . But now the wait is over. Kali Linux v2.0 Sana has been released and is available to download.
Kali Linux 2.0 (Codename ‘Kali Sana’), an open-source penetration testing platform brings hundreds of Penetration Testing, Forensics, Hacking and Reverse Engineering tools together into a Debian-based Linux distribution.
Kali Linux 2.0 Features:
- Runs on Linux kernel 4.0,
- use full Gnome 3 Desktop instead of gnome-fallback,
- improved hardware and wireless driver coverage,
- support for a variety of Desktop Environments,
- updated desktop environment and tools,
- Featuring new cutting-edge wireless penetration tools,
- Kali Linux now added desktop notifications, so that you do not miss anything,
- Support Ruby 2.0, which will make Metasploit will load much faster,
- Kali 2.0 added inbuilt screencasting tool so that you can record desktop.
[vimeo 132329259 w=500 h=281]
Upgrade to Kali 2.0
Kali Linux users can upgrade their Kali 1.x to Kali 2.0 without reinstalling whole operating system from scratch. To do this, you will need to edit your source.list entries, and run a dist-upgrade as shown below.
cat << EOF > /etc/apt/sources.listdeb http://http.kali.org/kali sana main non-free contribdeb http://security.kali.org/kali-security/ sana/updates main contrib non-freeEOF
apt-get updateapt-get dist-upgrade # get a coffee, or 10.reboot
Download Kali 2.0 Penetration Testing Platform
Kali Linux 2.0 is available to download in following :
- Kali Linux 64 bit
- Kali Linux 32 bit
- Kali Linux VMWare or VirtualBox images
- Kali 2.0 for ARM architecture