Apple announced iPad Mini 3 with TouchID
Along with iPad Air 2, Apple has also unveiled iPad Mini 3. It has 7.9 inch Retina display with 2048 x 1536 resolution. It is powered by a A7 processor with M7 co-processor. It runs on iOS 8.1.
It features a 5 megapixel rear camera with 1080p video recording. It has 1.2 megapixel facetime camera. It comes with wi-fi and bluetooth connectivity. Battery of the tablet offers 10 hours of mixed usage. It comes with Apple Touch ID fingerprint scanner for advance security and mobile payment.
Apple iPad mini 3 specifications
- 7.9 inch Retina Display with 2048×1536 resolution at 326 ppi, Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- 7.5 mm thick, weighs 331 g (WiFi) / 341 g (WiFi + Cellular)
- A7 chip with 2nd gen 64-bit architecture and M7 motion co-processor
- 5 Mp iSight 1080p camera, f/2.4 aperture
- 1.2MP HD front-facing camera
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- Wi‑Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0
- 16/64/128GB variants
- 23.8-watt-hour battery with up to 10 hours of usage
The Apple iPad mini 3 comes in Silver, Space Gray, and Gold. Pre-order of this tablet will start tomorrow. It is priced at $399 (16 GB), $499 (64GB) and $599 (128GB) for WiFi. The WiFi + LTE variant costs $529 (16 GB), $629 (64 GB) and $729 (128 GB).