Sony Xperia ZR announced, Affordable Version of Xperia Z
Sony has announced a new water resistance smartphone called Sony Xperia ZR. This smartphone claims to offer higher level of water resistance. It can survive inside the 1.5 meter of freshwater for up to 30 minutes. It is the affordable version of company’s latest flasgship Xperia Z. Few days back, we also reported that company is working on affordable version of Xperia Z.
Sony Xperia ZR features of 4.6 inch HD (720p) retina display. It is powered by 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor with 2 GB RAM. It comes with LTE and NFC. It features a 13 megapixel camera with HDR and a dedicated camera button. It can also shoot HD videos under water.
It also features Adreno 320 GPU and Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system. It is packed with 2,300 mAh batter. It comes with 8 GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 32 GB via microSD card. Other features are 3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA), aGPS, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA Certified, MTP and Micro USB support.
“The Xperia ZR pushes the boundaries on where and how consumers can use the full potential of their smartphone. By combining Sony’s leading camera technology with the highest level of water-resistance, you will never miss another moment.” said Calum MacDougall, Director of Xperia Marketing at Sony Mobile Communications.
Sony Xperia ZR key specifications
- 4.55 inches TFT, 1280×720 pixels
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm quad-core processor
- 13 megapixel fast-capture camera with Exmor RS, 16x digital zoom with auto focus
- Front-facing camera (VGA)
- Dust-proof and water-resistant (IP55 / IP58), Shatter proof sheet on scratch-resistant glass
- 2GB of RAM
- 8GB of on-board storage, microSD card slot (up to 32 GB)
- 3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA)
- aGPS, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA Certified, MTP, Micro USB support, NFC
- Size: 131 x 67.4 x 10.4 mm
Sony has not revealed the price of Sony Xperia ZR.