You may have seen gaming glasses or gaming specs listed on several e-commerce stores. People have a lot of confusion about it. Some people ask if they really work or are just a fancy name to sell glasses to gamers. So, I thought to write an article explaining why gaming glasses exist. If you are a gamer, you shouldn’t miss this article.
Gaming is really popular among kids and youths. People use different devices to play games but a screen is common among all. It could be a TV, Monitor, or phone screen. So, gamers spend hours constantly looking at the screen with rapid changes in graphics and colors. This causes several ill effects on the eyes including Eye fatigue, dry and irritated eyes, and Loss of focus flexibility. It also puts a considerable impact on sleep.
You may have heard a term called “Blue light.” Monitors, TV screens or phone screen produces blue light that is harmful. Blue light from the screen has also been linked to retinal damage, cataracts, and Macular degeneration. It can decrease visual acuity, can affect sleep patterns, and disrupts melatonin. Disrupted sleep patterns can also lead to depression. All these things are combined into one term called “Computer Vision Syndrome.” It also affects gaming performance because you won’t be able to focus properly.
To feel better, you need to limit screen usage. That means playing games only for a limited time in a day. You can do this if you casually play games as time passes and relieve stress. But what about those who are into competitive gaming and cannot put down controllers? They can use gaming glasses.
What are gaming glasses?
As the name suggests, gaming glasses are specially crafted glasses for gamers who play computer games for hours and keep staring at the screen for too long. Gaming glasses help reduce blue light glare and strain. They help in improved clarity, lighter hue so you can see colors vividly and clearly, and reduced glare. Your eyes will not just feel better, but you will also see improved gaming performance. Now you can keep up with fast-paced games due to a reduction in blur or glare.
Unless you feel eye strain, dry eyes, or Eye fatigue while playing computer games, you don’t really need gaming glasses. But you need it if you have such symptoms.
When you search for gaming glasses on any e-commerce store, you will see lots of results. But only good gaming glasses have the ability to give you comfort. This is the reason you should go for high-quality gaming glasses, not just ordinary cheap ones claiming to be gaming glasses. So, here is the list of recommended gaming glasses.
- Cyxus Blue Light Filter UV Blocking Glasses – Buy Here
- GAMMA RAY 801 Gaming Glasses – Buy Here
- GAMEKING CLASSIC 2006 Gaming Glasses – Buy Here
- J+S Vision Shield Gaming Glasses – Buy Here
There are different kinds of gaming glasses for different needs. Most gaming glasses come with Amber tints to offer enhanced contrast and visual performance but these glasses are not ideal for video editors and graphics designers who want a balanced color spectrum. If you want a balanced color spectrum, you should select glasses with Crystalline lens tints.
Should you buy a gaming glass?
Whether or not you need gaming glasses depends on your individual situation. Some people may experience eye strain or fatigue from prolonged gaming sessions, and in these cases, gaming glasses with a blue light filter can help reduce these symptoms. Additionally, gaming glasses with a blue light filter can also help reduce the risk of disrupting your circadian rhythm.
However, not everyone who plays games will experience these symptoms. If you do not experience eye strain or fatigue while gaming, you may not need gaming glasses.
It’s also important to note that while gaming glasses can help with eye strain and fatigue, they may not entirely eliminate these symptoms. Other strategies, such as taking regular breaks during gaming sessions, adjusting the brightness and contrast of your screen, and positioning your screen at a comfortable distance from your eyes, can also help reduce eye strain and fatigue.
Things to consider while buying gaming glasses
When buying gaming glasses, there are a few important things to consider to ensure that you get a pair that will meet your needs and provide the best possible gaming experience.
- Blue Light Filter: Gaming glasses with a blue light filter can help reduce eye strain and fatigue caused by prolonged gaming sessions. Blue light can disrupt your circadian rhythm and cause eye strain, so look for glasses with a blue light filter to help protect your eyes.
- UV Protection: UV light can damage your eyes over time, so it’s important to look for gaming glasses with UV protection to keep your eyes safe.
- Lens Type: There are a few different lens types available for gaming glasses, including clear lenses, yellow lenses, and amber lenses. Clear lenses are great for general use, yellow lenses can help improve contrast and reduce glare, and amber lenses can help with color recognition and depth perception.
- Comfort: Comfort is key when it comes to gaming glasses. Look for a pair with a comfortable fit and that won’t slip down your nose or slide off your face. Adjustable nose pads and temple tips can help ensure a comfortable fit.
- Style: Gaming glasses come in a variety of styles, so you can choose a pair that matches your personal style and preferences. Some gaming glasses have a sporty or futuristic look, while others have a more classic or elegant look.
- Durability: Gaming glasses are subject to a lot of wear and tear, so it’s important to look for a pair that’s durable and will hold up over time. Look for glasses with sturdy frames and lenses that are resistant to scratches and damage.
- Brand Reputation: It’s also important to consider the brand reputation when buying gaming glasses. Look for a brand with a good reputation for quality and customer service to ensure that you’re getting a pair of glasses that will meet your needs and last for a long time.
By considering these factors, you can find a pair of gaming glasses that will provide the best possible gaming experience and keep your eyes safe and comfortable.