Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with 5.5-inch QHD always-on curved edge display and 4GB RAM announced
At Galaxy Unpacked 2016, Samsung has also announced Galaxy S7 Edge along with Galaxy S7. This phone comes with similar specifications as in Galaxy S7 with dual edge display. It will also be available starting March 11. Samsung will be offering a free Gear VR headset with pre-orders in selected countries.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge features a 5.5 inch Quad-HD Super AMOLED always-on curved edge display with 534 PPI pixel density. It is powered by a quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor or Octa-Core Exynos 8 Octa 8890 (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad) processor depending on the market. It is packed with 4GB LPDDR4 RAM. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Also see: Samsung Mobiles
It features a 12 megapixels rear camera with LED flash and smart OIS. It also offers a 5-megapixels front camera. It will be available in 32 GB or 63 GB internal storage models along with the option to expand storage up to 200 GB.
This phone is water resistant and dust resistant. It also offers a heart-rate sensor, fingerprint sensor and barometer. Connectivity features of the phone are 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0 and NFC. It is packed with larger 3600 mAh battery with support to fast charging on both wired and wireless charging.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Specifications
- Hybrid SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 5.5-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) Super AMOLED always-on curved edge display
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor / Octa-Core Exynos 8 Octa 8890 (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad) processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 12-megapixels rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, Smart OIS
- 5-megapixels front camera, f/1.7 aperture
- 32/64GB internal storage, expandable up to 200GB with microSD
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint Sensor, Barometer
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0, NFC
- 3600mAh battery with Fast Charging
- Dimensions: 150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 157g