Samsung Galaxy S5 goes on sale in India for Rs. Rs 51,500
Samsung Galaxy S5 is now officially available in India for Rs. 51,500. Online retailer Flipkart has also listed the smartphone but for higher price. Other retailers including Infibeam, Snapdeal and Saholic are selling it for the official price. Galaxy S5 was officially announced in India last month.
Samsung Galaxy S5 features a 5.1 inch Super AMOLED display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. It is powered by a Adonis Prime2 octa core processor (1.9GHz quad core + 1.3GHz quad core) with Adreno 330 GPU. It runs on ANdroid Kitkat and comes with 2 GB RAM. It is available with 16 GB RAM with a microSD card slot to expand storabe up to 128 GB.
It has a 16 megapixels autofocus rear camera with LED flash and a 2 megapixel front camera. Rear camera can also record 2160p resolution vidoes at 30fps and 1080p at 60fps. Front camera can also record 1080p videos at 30fps. Other features are 3G, Wi-Fi with DLNA, NFC, Wifi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB 3.0 support and GPS with A-GPS / GLONASS. It is packed with 2800 mAh battery with wireless charging support.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Specifications
- 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Exynos 5422 (A15 1.9 GHz ＋ A7 1.3 GHz) processor
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI and Ultra HD video recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, USB 3.0 and NFC
- 8.1 mm thick and weighs 145 grams
- IP67 ratings for dust and water resistance
- 2800 mAh Battery
It is available in Gold, Blue, White and Black colors. Lack of 4G at this price is disappointing.