Samsung Unveils Galaxy S5 in India, to be priced between Rs. 51K and Rs. 53K
Today, Samsung India has launched Samsung Galaxy S5 in India at a press event in New Delhi. It will be available from April 11. Samsung has confirmed that it will be priced between Rs 51,000 and Rs 53,000. The final pricing of the smartphone will be shared on a later date. Samsung will also start taking pre-booking from March 29. It was announced at the MWC 2014 last month.
Samsung Galaxy S5 features a 5.1 inch Super AMOLED full HD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 shielding. It is powered by a Octa-Core Exynos 5422 (A15 1.9 GHz ＋ A7 1.3 GHz) processor with Heterogeneous Multi-Processing. It runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat with Touchwiz UX .
It has 2 GB RAM and 16 GB storage. Storage is also expandable up to 64 GB via microSD card. It comes with 16 MP rear camera with LED Flash, Ultra HD video recording at 30fps along with various software features and a 2 megapixel front camera.
It has Finger print Scanner for a secure, biometric screen locking feature, heart rate monitor, S Health 3.0 and Knox security. It is packed with 2800 mAh battery with Ultra Power Saving Mode.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Specifications
- 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Exynos 5422 (A15 1.9 GHz ＋ A7 1.3 GHz) processor
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI and Ultra HD video recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, USB 3.0 and NFC
- 8.1 mm thick and weighs 145 grams
- IP67 ratings for dust and water resistance
- 2800 mAh Battery