Xiaomi introduced its latest flagship smartphone Xiaomi 12S Ultra in China. The phone features 2K OLED 1-120Hz LTPO display with HDR10+, Snapdragon 8 Gen+ 1, Leica Optics, RGBW selfie camera, and 4860mAh battery.
Xiaomi 12S Ultra features a 6.73-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with a 1-120Hz variable refresh rate and 480Hz touch sampling rate. The display also has up to 1500 nits brightness, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision. There is also a Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection to protect the display from scratches. The phone runs MIUI 13 based on Android 12.
It packs a 3.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 8 Gen+ 1 4nm processor and Adreno next-gen GPU. The phone has LPPDDR5 6400Mbps RAM and UFS 3.1 storage. It comes in three models: 8+256GB, 12+256GB, and 12+512GB. The phone has a new heat dissipation system. It has a three-dimensional cooling pump designed that uses a capillary network to actively pump cooling liquid condensed at the side opposite of warm areas,. It improves efficiency and increases the thermal conductivity of a single unit by 100%.
The phone has a triple-camera that includes 50 megapixels primary camera with a Sony IMX989 sensor & OIS, a 48-megapixels Sony IMX586 periscope telephoto camera with OIS & 5x optical zoom, and Leica Summicron optics. The camera can also reach 8K videos. This is also the first Android phone that can record Dolby Vision HDR video. There is a 32 megapixels RGBW selfie camera. The phone’s camera has been co-engineered with Leica. So, it utilizes Leica imaging profiles and inherits Leica’s century-old image aesthetic. Camera lenses also add anti-glare lens coating, lens edge ink coating, cyclic olefin copolymer material, and infrared light filter with spin coating technology.
Xiaomi 12S Ultra comes with an in-display fingerprint sensor and Infrared sensor. It has dual speakers tuned by Harman Kardon. It also has Dolby Atmos and supports USB Type-C audio.
Connectivity options include 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C, and NFC. It packs a 4860mAh battery with 67W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging, and 10W reverse wireless charging. The phone supports adaptive charging to prevent the battery from overcharging.
The dimensions of the phone measure 163.17×74.97×9.06mm and the phone weighs 225g. It is also IP68 dust and water-resistant. Xiaomi 12 Ultra comes in Classic Black and Verdant Green colors.
Xiaomi 12S Ultra specifications
- 6.73-inch Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 1-120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen+ 1 4nm SoC
- Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB / 12GB RAM with 256GB storage / 12GB RAM with 512GB storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 50MP rear camera with OIS, LED flash, 48MP 128° ultra-wide angle camera, 48MP periscope telephoto camera
- 32MP RGBW front camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Harman Kardon tuning, Dolby Atmos
- Dust and water-resistant (IP68)
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4860mAh battery with 67W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging / 10W reverse wireless charging
- Dimensions: 163.17×74.97×9.06mm
- Weight: 225g
Xiaomi 12S Ultra Price in China
- Xiaomi 12S Ultra 8+256GB: 5,999 yuan
- Xiaomi 12S Ultra 12+256GB: 6499 yuan
- Xiaomi 12S Ultra 12+512GB: 6,999 yuan
The phone will go on sale in China starting July 8.