Airtel launches Wi-Fi calling feature ‘VoWi-Fi’ in Delhi NCR
Today, Airtel has launched its Vo-WiFi Wi-Fi Calling service in India starting from Delhi NCR. If you are an Airtel user with a compatible phone, you can make VoWi-Fi calls to other Airtel users.
Airtel claims that VoWi-Fi calls will offer improved indoor coverage and faster connectivity. Users will also get crystal clear should on calls. Even if you are using Airtel 4G, It will only work if you are also connected to Airtel Broadband or Airtel Xstream Fibre network Wi-Fi.
Here is the list of supported devices.
- iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xs,iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus
- OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro
- POCO F1, Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy J6, Samsung Galaxy On 6, Samsung Galaxy M30s, Samsung Galaxy A10s
How to enable Airtel Wi-Fi Calling
To use the Airtel Vo-WiFi service, you need to have any one of the mentioned smartphones, Airtel 4G and Airtel Broadband.
Then follow these steps in your phone depending on the brand.
- Apple users should go to Settings > Mobile Data > Wifi Calling
- Samsung phone users should enable WiFi Calling from the drop-down Quick settings menu.
- Xiaomi phones users should go to Settings > SIM Cards & mobile networks > Airtel > Make Calls using Wi-Fi
- In OnePlus, follow Settings > Mobile Network > SIM1/2 > Wifi Calling
You also need to restart the phone after enabling the option. When VoWi-Fi is active, you will see the VoWi-Fi symbol in the status bar.