Xiaomi Mi 5 with Snapdragon 820, 3GB RAM and 16 MP camera launched in India for Rs. 24999
Xiaomi has launched its much-awaited flagship device Xiaomi Mi 5 in India for Rs. 24999. This phone is beautiful in design and powerful in performance. It will be available in India on Mi.com starting from April 6 at 11 am.
It features a 5.15 inch full HD display with curved glass. It is powered by a 1.8GHz Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor with 3GB RAM and Adreno 530 GPU. It runs on Android 6.) with MIUI 7 at top of it. In terms of design, this phone looks very impressive with curved edges and glassy back.
It features a 16-megapixels rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS and 4K video recording. At front, it comes with a 4-megapixels camera with 80-degree wide-angle lens and f/2.0 aperture.
It offers 4G with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C connectivity. It is packed with 3000 mAH battery with support to Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
It is packed with a fingerprint sensor at home button. Home button is also capacitive to sense touch. It also works as a universal remote control with Infrared sensor and pre-installed app.
Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi, said, “We are so excited to bring to India the most beautiful device we have unveiled so far, and only within a month of its global launch. Mi 5 is the perfect embodiment of high performance and a beautiful, lightweight design. It has been in the making for 19 months, and has several tech breakthroughs built into it, like the 4-axis OIS camera.”
Xiaomi Mi 5 specifications
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display with curved glass, 95% of the NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness
- 1.8GHz Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 7
- 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- 4-megapixels front camera with 2um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- 32GB internal storage
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,000mAh built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 144.55×69.2×7.25mm
- Weight: 129g