Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition with 5.7-inch 1080p display 21.6 MP camera announced
Canonical has partnered with Meizu to launch Ubuntu based smartphone Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition. This phone came around a week before MWC 2016. This phone comes with powerful specifications.
“This is the fifth Ubuntu device launched by Canonical and its partners in the last twelve months and the most sophisticated and feature-rich Ubuntu phone in the market,” said Canonical.
Meizu Pro 5 is a dual SIM phone with Hybrid dual SIM slots. It features a 5.7 inch Super AMOLED display with 2.5D glass and Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It is powered by a Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 7420 processor with 3 GB RAM. It comes with 32GB storage which is also expandable.
It features a 21.6 megapixels rear camera with dual tone LED flash, Laser autofocus, PDAF, Sony IMX230 Exmor RS BSI sensor, 6P lenses, f/2.2 aperture and 4K video recording. It also offers a 5-megapixels front camera with OV5670 sensor, f/2.0 aperture.
Fingerprint sensor is also there. It is packed with 3050 mAH battery. It offers 4G, 3G, Wi-FI, 802.11 ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and USB 3.0 Type C connectivity options.
Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition specifications
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 2.5D glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection, 88-degree viewing angle
- Octa-Core ( Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Samsung Exynos 7420 processor
- Mali T760 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Ubuntu OS
- 21.6-megapixels rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, Laser Auto focus, 6P lenses, PDAF, Sony IMX230 Exmor RS BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5-megapixels front camera with OV5670 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 78 x 7.5mm; Weight: 166g
- 4G LTE (TD-LTE / LTE-FDD) / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 3.0 Type-C
- 3050mAh battery