HP Elite X3 with Windows 10 & Snapdragon 820 Announced at MWC 2016
HP has launched its new HP Elite X3 at MWC 2016 in Barcelona. This smartphone runs on Windows 10 and aims to be your smartphone, laptop and desktop. Pricing or availability information was not confirmed.
HP Elite X3 features a 6-inch Quad-HD display with Gorilla Glass 4 protection. It is powered by a Snapdragon 820 processor with 4 GB RAM. It comes with 64 GB internal storage with microSD card slot to expand storage up to 2 TB. It also sports an iris scanner on front and a fingerprint sensor at the back.
It features a 15-megapixels rear camera and an 8-megapixels front camera. Connectivity features of the phone are WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2×2) and Bluetooth 4.0 LE combo USB 3.0 port with Type-C connector.
Also see: HP Laptops Price List
It comes with IP67 rating which makes it water resistant and dustproof. It is packed with 4150 MAh battery with support wireless charging via Qi or PMA standard.
This phone takes advantage of Windows 10 Continuum feature. It also comes with few optional accessories including Desk Dock and Mobile Extender. Desk Dock lets you connect the Elite x3 to an external display using Continuum. Mobile Extender extends your mobile capabilities with a bigger screen, speakers, trackpad and keyboard.
HP Elite X3 specifications
- 5.96-inch AMOLED display with WQHD 2560 x 1440 px resolution, Gorilla Glass 4
- 2.15 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4
- Windows 10
- Iris Scanner, Fingerprint sensor
- 16MP f/2.0 FHD rear-facing camera
- 8MP FHD front facing camera and Iris camera
- IP67 rating for dust and water-resistance
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB with microSD
- MIL-STD-810 rating, assuring device protection for drops from up to 1 meter
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2×2) and Bluetooth 4.0 LE combo USB 3.0 port with Type-C connector
- 4150 mAh Li-ion polymer battery, non- removable, quick charging
- Dimensions: 83.5 x7.8 x 161.8 mm
- Weight: 195g