Obi Worldphone comes to India with its flagship smartphone SF1
Obi Wordphone has also jumped in Indian market to take advantage of this fastest growing smartphone market. Company has just announced the launch of its Obi Wordphone SF1 in India. It will be available from December 7th, exclusively on NDTV Gadgets360. Price of the phone starts at Rs 11,999.
Obi Worldphone SF1 is a dual SIM phone with Hybrin Dual SIM card slots. It features a 5 inch full HD JDI In-Cell IPS floating glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection, oleophobic coating. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 with Adreno 405 GPU. It runs on Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) with Obi Lifespeed UI. It will be available in two storage variants: 2 GB RAM with 16 GB storage and 3 GB RAM with 32 GB storage. It is also packed with a microSD card slot to expand storage up to 32 GB. It features a 13 megapixels rear camera with LED flash and Sony IMX214 sensor. It also comes with a 5 megapixels front camera with front LED flash.
Connectivity features of this phone are 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi (Dual band), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and GLONASS. It is packed with 3000 mAh battery.
Neeraj Chauhan, Co-founder and CEO of Obi Worldphone, said, “We are launching in India as there is a significant opportunity for Obi – each element of an Obi Worldphone has been designed with intention from the very beginning from the details of the industrial design to the custom UI that highlights the iconic silhouettes of the phone. And they reflect their birthplace: Silicon Valley, which carries a unique mind set and a way of doing things that creates original, no-compromise form and function products to help consumers step ahead. We have defined our offering around what is relevant to our target customers. The attempt is to deliver high quality, iconic designs at attractive prices.”
Obi Worldphone SF1 specifications
- Hybrid Dual (micro + nano / microSD) SIM
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) JDI In-Cell IPS floating glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection, oleophobic coating
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Octa-Core (ARM Cortex A53 – 4×1.5GHz + 4×1.0GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal memory / 3GB RAM with 32GB internal memory
- expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) with Obi Lifespeed UI
- 13 megapixels rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX214 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 5 megapixels front camera with LED flash
- Dolby Audio
- 4G LTE/ 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (Dual-Band), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / GLONASS
- 3000mAh (built-in) battery
- Dimensions: 146x74x8mm;
- Weight: 147g