Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime, Xiaomi’s first ‘Made in India’ smartphone launched for Rs. 6999
Xiaomi has launched its first ‘Made in India’ smartphone Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime in India for Rs. 6999. This smartphone has been manufactured at Xiaomi and Foxconn facility in Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. As the name suggests, this phone is the successor of Xiaomi Redmi 2. It will be available via both online and offline retailers.
If we talk about specifications, Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime features a 4.7 inch IPS display with AGC Dragontrail Glass protection. It runs on MIUI 6 based on Android Kitkat. It is powered by 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916 ) 64-bit processor with Adreno 305 GPU. It is packed with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage with microSD card slot.
I has 8 megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2megapixel front camera. It offers 4G, 3Gm Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and USB OTG. It has 2200 mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with AGC Dragontrail Glass protection
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916 ) 64-bit processor
- Adreno 305 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, micro SD card up to 32GB
- Dual SIM
- MIUI v6 on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera, 720P HD video recording
- 4G LTE/3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 2200 mAh battery