Obi Worldphone SF1 and Worldphone SJ1.5 announced
Obi Mobiles has rebranded itself as Obi Worldphone and announced two new affordable smartphones – Obi Worldphone SF1 and Obi Worldphone SJ1.5. These smartphones will be available starting from the month of October. Initially, these phones will be available in growing markets such as Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, South Africa, Pakistan, Turkey and India.
Obi Worldphone SF1 features a 5 inch JDI In-cell display with Gorilla Glass 4 protection. It is powered by octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU. It has 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage with microSD card to expand storage up to 64 GB. 3GB RAM and 32 GB storage variant will also be available.
It features a 13 megapixel rear camera with LED flash and f/2.0 aperture. It also has a 5 megapixel front camera with LED flash. It has dolby audio for better sound experience. It comes with 4G, W-Fi, 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth and GPS connectivity. It is packed with 3000 mAh battery.
It is priced at US$199 for 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant, and US$249 for 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant.
Obi Worldphone SF1 specifications
- Dual (micro + nano) SIM
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) JDI In-Cell IPS floating glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection, oleophobic coating
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Octa-Core (ARM Cortex A53 – 4×1.5GHz + 4×1.0GHz) processor
- Adreno 405 GPU
- Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop)
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal memory / 3GB RAM with 32GB internal memory
- Internal storage is expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX214 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front camera with LED flash
- Dolby Audio
- 4G LTE/ 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (Dual-Band), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery
- Dimensions: 146x74x8mm
- Weight: 147g
Obi Worldphone SJ1.5 features a 5 inch HD display with 2.5D curved glass and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop. It is powered by a 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6580 processor with Mali 400 MP2 GPU and 1 GB RAM. It has 16 GB internal storage with microSD card slot to expand storage up to 32 GB. It features a 8 megapixel rear camera with LED flash and f/2.2 aperture. It has a 5 megapixel front camera.
Connectivity features of the phone are 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. It is packed with 3000 mAh battery.
Obi Worldphone SJ1.5 is priced at $129.
Obi Worldphone SJ1.5 specifications
- Dual (micro) SIM
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display with 2.5D curved glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, oleophobic coating
- 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6580 processor
- Mali 400 MP2 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 8MP rear camera with OmniVision OV8865 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB with microSD
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
- Dimensions: 146x73x7.95mm
- Weight: 131g