Gionee Marathon M5 with 6020mAh battery announced
Gionee has just added a new member in its Marathon series of smartphone. This new member is Gionee Marathon M5. Like other Marathon smartphones, it also comes with Giant battery and this time company is offering 6020 mAb battery. It has fast dual charging chips. You can also use this smartphone to charge other smartphones. Company even claim that you can use it to charge two phones in the same time. Company also claims that the smartphone will offer around 62 hours of stand by time even after the phone has only 5% of power left.
Surprising thing is that company managed to keep the thickness of the smartphone. It is only of 8.5 mm thickness. Gionee Marathon M5 features a 5.5-inch AMOLED 720p display. It is powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor with Mali-T760 GPU. It is packed with 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage and microSD card slot to expand storage up to 128 GB. It has 13 megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5 megapixel front camera. It runs on Android Lollipop-based Amigo UI.
It is a dual SIM phone with 4G LTE in both SIM card slots. Other connectivity features of the smartphone are Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, microUSB, and GPS.
Gionee Marathon M5 specifications
- Dual SIM
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Super AMOLED Plus display
- 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor
- Mali-T760 GPU
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Amigo UI 3.1
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 5P lenses, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, 84-degree ultra-wide angle lens
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 6020mAh battery
- Dimensions: 152mm × 76mm × 8.5mm;
- Weight: 214g
Gionee Marathon M5 comes in black, white and gold colors. It will be available starting from 25 June at a price of 2299 RMB ($370).