Alcatel OneTouch Hero 2+ with 6-inch 1080p display, Cyanogen OS announced
TCL Communication and Cyanogen, Inc. have partnered to launched a new Cyanogen powered smartphone Alcatel One Touch Hero 2+. This smartphone was showcased at MWC 2015. This smartphone comes with stylus and handwriting recognition.
Alcatel One Touch Hero 2+ features a 6 inch full HD IPS OGS edge-toedge display with dragintrail glass protection. It is powered by a 2 GHz MediaTek MT6592 Octa-Core processor with Mali 450 GPU. It is packed with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage with microSD card slot. It runs on Cyanogen OS 11 on Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat). It features a 13 megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5 megapixel front camera. Connectivity features of the smartphone are 4G LTE Cat.4 / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi direct Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. It is packed with 3100mAh battery.
Commenting on the partnership, Steve Cistulli, Senior Vice President of North America for ALCATEL ONETOUCH, said: We promised big things for ALCATEL ONETOUCH in North America for 2015, and with our partnership with Cyanogen and the launch of the HERO 2+, we’re delivering on our promise. We will continue to invest in strategic partnerships – like we have with Cyanogen – which not only helps build our brand here in North America, but also helps us challenge expectations when it comes to the devices we bring to market here.
Alcatel OneTouch Hero 2+ specifications
- 6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS OGS edge-to-edge display, Dragontrail glass protection
- 2GHz MediaTek MT6592 Octa-Core processor
- Mali 450 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- Cyanogen OS 11 on Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat)
- 16GB internal memory, expandable via microSD
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS, 1080p Full HD video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE Cat.4 / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi direct Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3100mAh battery
- Dimensions – 160.5 x 81.6 x 7.9mm;
- Weight: 175g