Xiaomi Redmi 2 with 64-bit Snapdragon 410 SoC, 4G LTE announced
Xiaomi has announced the successor of its Redmi 1S smartphone in China. This new smartphone is dubbed as Xiaomi Redmi 2. It comes with 64 bit Snapdragon 410 Soc and 4G LTE connectivity on both SIM slots. This smartphone will alsobe showcased at CES 2015. It is available for pre-order in China from QQ Tencent and first flash sale begins 9th January.
XiaomiRedmi 2 features 4.7 inch IPS HD display. It is powered by 1.2 GHz quad-core snapdragon 410 64-bit processor with Adreno 305 GPU. It runs on Android 4.4 kitkat with MIUI 6 at top. It has 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal storage with microSD card slot. It has a 8 megapixel rear camera with LED flash, BSI sensor, omnivision sensor and a 2 megapixel front camera for video calls.
Connectivity features of the smartphone are 4G LTE/3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS . It is packed with 2200 mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916 ) 64-bit processor
- Adreno 305 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- MIUI v6 on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 8GB internal memory, micro SD card up to 32GBDual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera, 720P HD video recording
- 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, microusb, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2200mAh battery
It is priced at 699 Yuan (US$ 113). It comes in White, Dark gray, Bright Yellow, Light Green and Pink colors.