Samsung Galaxy Note Edge announced with 5.6-inch Quad HD curved Edge screen
At IFA 2014 in Berlin, Samsung has announced another flasgship smartphone Samsung Galaxy Note Edge along with Galaxy Note 4. Galaxy Note Edge comes with curved display at the edges which lets you quickly access frequently used apps and other features even if the cover of the smartphone is closed.
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge features a 5.6 inch QHD Super AMOLED display with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution. Display bends at edge and utilize 160 pixels to show frequently used apps and notifications. It is powered by a 2.7 GHz Quad Core Snapdragon 805 processor and runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat with Samsung UI. It has a 16 megapixel rear camera and 3.7 megapixel front camera with 120 degree wide angle lens. It is packed with 3 GB RAM and comes in 32GB/64GB storage options. Other features of the smartphone are similar to Samsung Galaxy Note 4. These features include Fingerprint scanner, S Pen Stylus, Biometric screen locking, mobile payments, heart rate sensor and S Health 3.5.
Connectivity features of the smartphone include 4G LTE-A Cat.6 / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80) MIMO PCIe , Bluetooth v4.1 LE / ANT+, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou and USB2.0, MHL 3.0. It is packed with 3000 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge specifications
- 5.8-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super AMOLED display with 160 pixels curved edge
- 2.7 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor
- Adreno 420 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 32GB / 64GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS and Ultra HD video recording
- 3.7MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture, 120 degree wide angle lens
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- 4G LTE-A Cat.6 / 3G HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80) MIMO PCIe , Bluetooth v4.1 LE / ANT+, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou , USB2.0, MHL 3.0
- 3000 mAh Battery
- S Health 3.5, Finger Scanner, UV, Heart Rate Monitoring, SpO2 (Dependent on market)
- 8.3 mm thick and weighs 174 grams