Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Announced, will go on sale in early-July
Today, Samsung has announced the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (SM-G800H), smaller variant of Samsung Galaxy S5. It will go on sale starting from Russia in early July. Samsung has yet to announce the pricing details.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini features a 4.5 inch Super AMOLED display with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. It is powered by a 1.4 GHz quad core processor and runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat with Touchwiz UI. It has 8 megapixel rear camera with LED flash and 2.1 megapixel front camera.
It brings all features of Galaxy S5 including Finger print scanner, biometric screen locking, mobile payment and heart rate sensor. LTE variant and dual SIM variant will also be available depending on the market.
“We always strive to develop devices that appeal to a range of consumer tastes and styles. The Galaxy S5 mini allows consumers to enjoy the iconic design and essential and useful features of the Galaxy S5 through a maximized minimalism approach.” said JK Shin, CEO and Head of IT & Mobile Communication at Samsung Electronics.
Samsung Galaxy S5 mini specifications
- Dual SIM (Optional)
- 4.5-inch (720 ×1280 pixels) HD Super AMOLED display
- 1.4 GHz quad-core processor
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash and 1080p video recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance
- 1.5GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health, Heart rate sensor
- 4G LTE Cat.4 / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
- 2100 mAh Battery
- Dimensions: 131.1 x 64.8 x 9.1mm; Weight: 120 grams