Nokia X launched in India for Rs 8,599
As expected, Nokia has launched its low cost Android based smartphone Nokia X in India. It was unveiled last month at MWC. It is priced at Rs. 8,599.
Nokia X is the first Android smartphone of the company but it does not support Google Play store or any Google services. Nokia X is based Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and company has launched its own Android store. This Nokia Android store has replaced all of Google’s services with either its own services or Microsoft’s services. Developers can easily port their Android apps for Nokia Android OS. So, users will have access to most of the Android apps.
Nokia has partnered with many app developers such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Line, Picasa, Skype, Twitter, WeChat, TrueCaller and many more.
Nokia X is powered by a 1 GHz dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 play processor. It features a 4 inch capacitive touchscreen display. It has 3 megapixel rear camera, 512 MB RAM, 4 GB intrnal storage, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and 1500 mAh battery.
Nokia is also offering 1 month free Skype calling and 10 GB free OnDrive storage with Nokia X.
Nokia X specifications
- Dual SIM
- 4-inch capactiive touch screen display with 800 x 480 pixels resolution
- 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 play (MSM8225) processor with Adreno 203 GPU
- Nokia X software platform 1.0 based on AOSP Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Dimensions: 115.5 x 63 x 10.44 mm; Weight: 128.6 g
- 3MP fixed focus rear camera
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB of Internal storage, micro SD expansion slot
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n,Bluetooth 3.0, aGPS
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 1500 mAh battery
Nokia X will be sold in multiple colors including Cyan, Yellow, Green, White, Red and Black.
Image Credit: Fonearena