HTC One (M8) with Duo Camera and Snapdragon 801 Announced
HTC has finally announced HTC One (M8). This new smartphone comes with powerful hardware specifications including duo camera. It goes on sale today in selected market and will be available in other countries in coming weeks.
“In 2013 we introduced the best smartphone in the world, but we never stopped challenging ourselves and the status quo in this category. As pioneers in mobile innovation, we continue to design and build devices that will dazzle, inspire and transform the smartphone industry. Today I’m proud to launch the most stunning, intuitive and advanced handset that the industry has seen to date, the new HTC One (M8),” said Peter Chou, CEO, HTC.
HTC One (M8) features a 5 inch full HD display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and Corning Gorilla glass protection. It is powered by a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor (In few markets, it will be launched with 2.3 GHz processor). It runs on Android 4.4 kitkat with new HTC sense 6.0 UI. It features dual camera setup with primary Ultra pixel camera and secondary rear camera to capture depth information. LED display allows camera to capture better imahes based on the intensity of the screen. It also features a 5 megapixel front camera with 1080p video recording.
“The Duo Camera boasts a depth sensor in addition to the main HTC UltraPixelTM module, capturing detailed depth information from a scene and enabling a range of beautiful and creative effects that allow you to do more with your images than ever before,” HTC noted in a press release.
It has metal unibody build with curved finish. It also has dual font-facing stereo speakers with HTC BoomSound technology and built-in amplifiers.
HTC One (M8) has 2 GB RAM and 16 GB/32 GB internal storage. Connectivity features are 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-fi, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptx cdec, NFC and GPS. It is packed with 2600 mAH battery. HTC claims that battery will last 40% longer compared to the HTC One.
HTC One (M8) Specifications
- 5.0-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
- 2.5 GHz / 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with HTC Sense 6.0
- UltraPixel primary rear camera with dual LED Flash, BSI Sensor,F/2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
- Secondary rear camera to capture depth information
- 5 MP front-facing camera
- Full HD (1080p) video recording with HDR Video
- 2 GB RAM
- 16GB / 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB
- 3.5 mm headset jack, FM radio with RDS, HTC BoomSound
- Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, HTC Sense Voice
- Infrared remote control
- nano SIM
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX codec, MHL, NFC and GPS with GLONASS
- 2600 mAh battery
- 9.35 mm thick and weighs 160 grams
The HTC One (M8) is available in Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold colors.