World’s Thinnest Smartphone Gionee Elife S5.5 Launched in India for Rs. 22,999
Chinese Phone maker Gionee has launched world’s thinnest smartphone in India at an event in GOA. It was first unveiled at the MWC 2014 in Barcelona last month. It is priced at Rs. 22,999. It will be available in market in April with exact dates expected soon.
Gionee Elife S5.5 features a 5 inch Full HD Super AMOLED touch screen display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. It has world’s slimmest SUPER AMOLED with thickness of just 1 mm. Back cover of the smartphone also comes with Corning Gorilla glass protection. The Metal frame on the Gionee S5.5 acts as the antenna for the smartphone.
It is world’s thinnest smartphone with thickness of just 5.5mm. Previously this record was held by Vivo X3 at 5.75mm. It is powered by a 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor. It runs on Android 4.2 with Amigo 2.0 UI at top.
It has a 13 megapixel rear auto-focus camera with stacked SOny Sensor and LED flash. It has a 5 megapixel front camera with 95 degree wide angle lens. It is packed with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage.
It has 3G, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, GPS and USB OTG. It is packed with 2300 mAH battery.
Gionee Elife S5.5 specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor
- Mali 450-MP4 GPU
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) with Amigo 2.0 UI
- 13MP auto focus camera with LED flash, Stacked Sony sensor, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16GB internal memory
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WIFI Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 2300 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 145.1×70.2×5.55mm; Weight: 130 grams
- Sensors: Gyro, Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Electronic Compass, Compass
The Gionee Elife S5.5 comes in 5 colors: Black, White, Pink, Blue and Purple. The colors on Gionee S5.5 are inspired by places in world.