Samsung Galaxy S5 officially Launched with Fingerprint Scanner and Heart Rate Sensor
At the Mobile World Congress, Samsung has launched its next flagship smartphone Samsung Galaxy S5 with a built-in heart monitor and fingerprint scanner. It comes with larger screen and better hardware specifications than its predecessor.
Samsung Galaxy S5 features a 5.1 inch ful HD display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. It is powered by a 2.5 GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragin 801 processor and runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat with Samsung UI at top. It is packed with 2 GB RAM. It features a 16 megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2.1 megapixel front camera. Samsung also claims that phone has world’s fastest autofocus speed up to 0.3 seconds It comes in 16GB/32 GB storage models and microSD card enables you to expand storage up to 64 GB.
Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a finger print scanner for secure, biometric screen locking. This fingerprint scanner can also be uased in mobile payments. It also features S Health 3.0 with additional tools. It is packed with 2800 mAh powerful battery with ultra power saving mode. It has IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Specifications
- 5.1 inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- 16 MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI and 4Kvideo recording
- 2.1 MP front-facing camera
- IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance.
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB / 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor
- 4G LTE-A, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, USB 3.0 and NFC
- 2800 mAh Battery
- 8.1 mm thick and weighs 145 grams
It comes in Charcoal Black, Shimmery White, Electric Blue and Copper Gold colors. It will br available from April 2014, but no word on pricing details.