Motorola Announces Moto G, Coming India in January
As promised, Motorola has announced its Moto G. With this smartphone, company is targeting entry level smartphone market. This budget smartphone will be available in India in January 2014.
If we talk about the specifications, it is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor. It features a 4.5 inch 720p display Gorilla Glass. It is packed with 1 GB RAM. It features a 5 megapixel rear camera and a 1.3 megapixel front camera. It runs on Android 4.3 but it will soon get Android 4.4 Kitkat. It will come with 8 GB and 16 GB storage model.
It comes with 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and GLONASS. It is packed with 2070 mAh battery.
Motorola Moto G specifications
- 4.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) edge-to-edge display at 329 ppi with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Adreno 305 GPU
- Dual SIM
- 1GB RAM
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) upgradable to Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 5MP rear camera with LED flash, 720p HD video recording at 30fps
- 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 720p HD video playback
- 8GB/16GB internal memory
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, GLONASS
- 2070 mAh battery
- 6.0-11.6 mm thick (curve) and weighs 143 grams
Moto G customers will also get 50 GB Google Drive storage for free. It is water resistant coating both inside and outside for complete protection. It also comes with removable back covers in and Flip covers in seven colors.
Moto G is priced at $179 for 8 GB version and $199 for 16 GB version. It will be sold without contract and unlocked. It will be available in Europe, Latin America, Europe, Canada and parts of Asia in next few weeks. It will be available in US, India and more countries of Asia in early January 2014.