Sony Xperia Z Ultra Announced with 6.4 Inch Display
Today at Mobile Asia Expo, Sony has unveiled its new phablet Sony Xperia Z Ultra. This phablet features a big 6.4 inch full HD display and offers highest level of water resistance like other Xperia Z variants.
Sony Xperia Z is powered by a 2.2 GHz quad core Snapdragon 800 processor. It runs on Android 4.2 Jelly bean. It is packed with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. It also features a 8 megapixel camera and a 2 megapixel front camera.
It features a 6.4 inch full HD display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. Sony Xperia Z Ultra is the first phone from the company that comes with TRILUMINOS display. This display claims to deliver greater range of rich, natural colours and natural shades.
“The Xperia Z Ultra is the most exciting revolution in large-screen smartphone entertainment devices with both the slimmest and largest Full HD smartphone display* in the world that is second to none.” said Calum MacDougall, Director of Xperia Marketing at Sony Mobile Communications.
It features 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS/ GLONASS and NFC connectivity features. It is packed with 3050 mAh battery.
It is packed with updated Sony apps like Walkman, Mvies and Albums. It also has Sony Reader app to access e-Books. Sony Xperia Z Ultra will be available sometime in Q3 in Black, White and Purple colours.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra specifications
- 6.4 inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with X-Reality for Mobiles
- 2.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974 (LTE) or MSM8274 (HSPA+)) processor
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Pen input with stylus
- 8MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, HDR photos & videos, 1080p video recording.
- 2MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory, Upto 64GB expandable memory via microSD card
- 6.5mm thick and weighs 212 grams
- IP55 / IP58 rating for dust and water resistance
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC
- 3050mAh Battery