Google Maps Now Available on iOS
After dropping by Apple on iOS, now Google Maps has found another way to come on iPhones. Google has launched Google Maps app for iOS devices.
Google Maps app for iOS allows users to find places and directions. Users can also log in with their Google account to speed up this process of finding places, business and other locations near to their places.
Google Maps also offers voice guided, turn by turn driving directions and live traffic information for selected cities. Users can also pinch to zoom to see high resolution images of locations around the world.
The app is built from the ground to utilize all the design elements of iOS. It is built on OpenGL. It also includes a brand new SDK that allows developers to integrate this map into their apps.
- Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
- Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
- Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
- Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
- Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
- Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
Street View and imagery
- View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
- See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
- View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
Simple and easy to use
- An entirely new Google Maps experience on your iPhone.
- Newly designed and streamlined interface for even easier navigation of your world.
- Use gestures to explore the map and browse results.
Overall response from the users is Google about this app. It is much better than Apple maps launched few months back.
Google Maps app for iOS supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), iPad, and iOS 5.1 or later. It is available to download for free from Apple iTune Store.