BHIM app was developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to give users an easy option for money transfer over UPI (Unified Payments Interface). As of now the app is available only for Android and will soon be available for iOS users as well.
The Government of India is focusing a lot of BHIM app and is trying to attract more users. BHIM app can be used to send or receive money just by sharing your virtual payment address (VPA) for UPI, phone number or account number. Now, you can also send money to a person with his/her Aadhar number. The only thing other people need to do is the linking of Aadhar number with the bank account.
Samsung Mobile FestUp to Rs. 2000 off on Samsung Phones
Steps to send Money to Aadhaar Numbers via BHIM App
In this article, I will explain how to send money to a person by Aadhaar Number via BHIM App
Also read: Everything you need to know about BHIM App
Before I start, you should note that the BHIM app does not show the account holder’s name to prevent people from misusing the app to reveal identity by putting random numbers here. So double check the Aadhar number carefully before sending money.
- Open the BHIM app on your phone.
- Tap on Send Money option.
- Tap on the three dots on the top-right corner of the app. Here choose Aadhaar Pay.
- Enter the recipient’s Aadhaar number.
- Tap Verify. This will check if the Aadhaar number is linked to any bank account.
- The next step will show the Aadhar Number. Double-check this as it doesn’t show the account holder’s name for privacy reasons.
- Enter the amount you want to pay and then tap on Pay.