Like in Facebook, Gmail does not have any option to block a person and stop receiving emails from his/her email id. Sometimes it is much needed feature, if someone is sending abusive or threatening emails. Some people use to mark these kinds of emails as spam but this does not stop receiving emails. Emails are now received in the spam folder.
Actually blocking someone is easy and most of us know that this kind of feature exists but they forget to use when it is needed. If you want to block and stop receiving emails from an email id permanently, create an inbox filter for that email id. I think now you got my point.
If you do not know how to create a filter and block emails of a person, follow these steps:
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Now click on gear icon located just above the emails at the top right corner of the page.
- Now click on settings to open settings page of the Gmail.
- Now find Filters tab and click on it.
- Here click on “Create a new filter”
- In the new popup windows, enter the email of that person From field whose emails you want to block.
- Now click on “Create filter with this search”
- Now you will see a new window with some checkbox options.
- Select “Delete it” and “ Skip the Inbox (Archive it) ” then Click on Create Filter.
Now you have blocked all the emails from that email id. You will never see any emails from that email id. But you can still send emails to that email id. All the incoming emails from that email id will be blocked and deleted by the filter you have just created. If you want to receive further emails from that email id, follow the same step and go to filter tab in email setting. And remove the filter.
Related Search Terms
- Gmail email block
- Block Emails
- Block Gmail Emails
- Blocks mails